Understanding the genetic bases of agronomic traits.
IGA has several collaborative projects for QTL mapping and gene discovery to understand the genetic basis of agronomic traits and identify useful alleles.
We give priority to these topics:
- morphological and developmental traits in barley
- phenology and biomass in poplar
- disease resistance in grapevine
- leaf rust resistance in coffee
- self-incompatibility in olive
For several crops, we have generated molecular tools for gene mapping, such as SNP arrays, genetic maps.